The Big Moment: Commencement Ceremonies at Chico State Begin Wednesday Night
Nearly 3,000 undergraduate students and more than 330 graduate students will receive their degrees during Chico State’s 133rd Commencement services, which begin on Wednesday, May 17. Gates for all seven University Commencement ceremonies at University Stadium will open one hour prior to the event start time, and seating is first-come, first-served. Tickets are required for entry for all ceremonies.
Master’s degrees will be conferred on Wednesday, May 17, at 7 p.m., with graduate Cody J. Roberts (English) providing the Commencement address.
Other Commencement ceremonies and graduate speakers include:
- Thursday, May 18 at 7 p.m.: College of Communication and Education, Gerardo Langarica Martinez (Kinesiology)
- Friday, May 19 at 9 a.m.: College of Business, Alexandra Pomatto (Business Administration)
- Friday, May 19 at 7 p.m.: College of Engineering, Computer Science and Construction Management and College of Agriculture, Yanetli Navarro-Hernandez (Concrete Industry Management)
- Saturday, May 20 at 9 a.m.: College of Behavioral and Social Sciences (Ceremony 1), Abigail Resendez (Child Development)
- Saturday, May 20 at 7 p.m.: College of Behavioral and Social Sciences (Ceremony 2), Sierra Siminski (Economics)
- Sunday, May 21 at 9 a.m.: College of Humanities and Fine Arts and College of Natural Sciences, Sarah Gómez Negrete (English)
To accommodate everyone who wishes to watch Commencement live, each ceremony will be streamed on the University homepage, where a live-captioned version will also be available.
In addition, many other special celebrations will take place around campus throughout the week:
Friday, May 12
Asian Pacific Islander Graduation Celebration, PAC 144 at 6 p.m.
Tuesday, May 16
Native American Graduation Celebration, PAC 144, 6 p.m.
Credential Ceremony, Laxson Auditorium, 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 17
Veteran Graduation Celebration, PAC 144, 6 p.m.
Thursday, May 18
International Student Graduation and Bon Voyage Celebration, SSC 440, 4 p.m.
Friday, May 19
Nurses Pinning Ceremony, Bell Memorial Union Auditorium, 10 a.m.
Lavender Graduation Celebration, ARTS 15, 3 p.m.
Saturday, May 20
Latinx Graduation Celebration I, Laxson Auditorium, 12:30 p.m.
Black Graduation Celebration, PAC 144, 2 p.m.
Latinx Graduation Celebration II, Laxson Auditorium, 3 p.m.
Those who require accommodations to attend Chico State Commencement or who have questions about accessibility may contact the Accessibility Resource Center at 530-898-5959.