The front of Kendall Hall is seen Friday, August 22, 2014 in Chico, Calif.
(Jason Halley/University Photographer)
By Quinn Western, social media and photography intern
Recipes and cooking tips from senior nutrition and food science major Christina Saschin are published at least three times a week! In the video above, she talks about her cooking show on YouTube and writing for Parade magazine and The Orion while showing how to make healthier orange chicken (recipe below).
Orange chicken recipe
2 chicken breasts
2 T. olive oil
For the dressing
1 t. honey
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1. On a cutting board, cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
2. Wash your orange, then slice the orange into circular wedges on a separate cutting board.
3. Add olive oil and chicken to a medium sized pan, and cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked.
4. In another frying pan, add olive oil and orange slices and heat on low for 5-7 minutes. The oranges will start to brown.
5. To make the dressing, mix the extra virgin olive oil and honey in a small bowl.
6. Place the browned orange slices onto a plate and top each slice with a piece of chicken.
7. As a final step, drizzle each piece of chicken with the dressing using a spoon.